Look over this checklist for your surgery at St. Francis.
- Schedule your physical examination with your doctor.
- Make a copy of your healthcare directive or advanced directive (living will) form.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home.
- Communicate your special needs.
- Avoid smoking, street drugs or alcohol the day before your surgery.
- Complete any preparations as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not eat or drink the day of your surgery.
- Take your physician-approved medications.
- Remove all jewelry, including for body piercing.
Bring the following items:
- Container for glasses, dentures or hearing aids.
- Reports from doctor.
- Insurance card and Social Security number.
Please leave valuables at home.