Orthotic inserts are custom, prescribed medical inserts for your shoes. To create custom orthotics, a doctor uses casts, impressions or scans to perfectly fit your foot. When inserted in your shoes, they allow the feet and lower legs to function at their highest potential.
Orthotics can decrease pain, alleviate pressure and increase stability in an unstable joint. In addition, orthotics are used to treat specific ailments such as diabetes, plantar fasciitis, hammer toes, heel spurs and arthritis.
Although custom orthotics are more expensive than off-the-shelf devices, they last much longer and provide more support or correction for your specific needs.
If you suffer from the conditions below, you can benefit from our custom orthotics and physical therapy treatments:
- Plantar fasciitis, a common painful inflammation of the sole of the foot towards the heel.
- Diabetes, which interferes with circulation in the feet.
- Metatarsalgia, a painful disorder that affects the bones and joints at the ball of the foot.
- Heel spurs, a growth of dense tissue or bone growing out of the calcaneus bone on the heel.
- Knee pain.
- Shin splints.
- Achilles tendonitis.
More from rehabilitation
- Aquatic therapy
- Manual therapy
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Request an appointment
- Speech therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Pediatric therapy