St. Francis' comprehensive orthopedics and spine department includes specialists from Allina Health Orthopedics, TRIA, Park Nicollet Orthopedics and Twin Cities Spine to provide specialized care in sports medicine; joint reconstruction of the hip, knee and shoulder; spine surgery; foot, hand and ankle surgery; and complex fracture treatment.
St. Francis Regional Medical Center has been named one of America’s Best Hospitals for Orthopedics by the Women’s Choice Award®, America’s trusted referral source for the best in healthcare. The award signifies that St. Francis is in the top 2% of 4,729 U.S. hospitals offering orthopedics services. To learn more about St. Francis' award, click here.
Some of the conditions we commonly treat:
- Foot and ankle—Achilles tendon rupture, arthritis, bunion, fractures, hammer toe, plantar fasciitis, sprained ankle, tendinitis.
- Wrist and hand—arthritis, basilar thumb osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel, Dupuytren's contracture, fractures, ganglion cysts, mallet finger injuries, trigger finger, arthritis, fractures.
- Hip—arthritis, fractures, partial and total hip replacement, hip resurfacing, minimally invasive hip replacement.
- Knee—arthritis, ligament injuries, meniscus injuries. partial and total knee replacement, knee resurfacing.
- Shoulder and elbow—AC joint separation, arthritis, dislocation, fractures, frozen shoulder, labral tear, rotator cuff tear, shoulder impingement, cubital tunnel syndrome, fractures, lateral epicondylitis, medial epicondylitis.
- Spine and back—back pain and injuries, spinal fracture, spinal deformity, disc herniation, disorder of the cervical and lumbar spine, discectomy, nerve decompression, fractures, stenosis, disc degeneration, tumors, infections, arthritis and work-related injuries and discomfort.
- Sports injuries.
- Head and neck injuries.
- Arthritis pain and disability—rehabilitation, steroid injections, joint replacement, orthotics.
- Back pain—kyphosis, scoliosis, sciatica, herniated or bulging disc, pinched nerve.
- Disc replacement—spinal fusion, steroid injections, rehabilitation.
Learn more about orthopedics at St. Francis
Learn more about spine care at St. Francis
St. Francis Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine providers also work in conjunction with our orthopedics and spine providers to offer start-to-finish care for inpatients and outpatients.