St. Francis Regional Medical Center is now a drop-off site for donated breast milk!
Donated breast milk is a wonderful way for babies to receive the very best nutrition. Donor milk is often used to help nourish premature babies, improve infant blood sugars, aide in weight gain, etc., until a birth mother's milk comes in. Locally donated milk is safely processed, screened and pasteurized for babies with varying needs.
Milk donated to St. Francis will be sent to Minnesota Milk Bank for Babies for processing and distribution to mothers and babies.
How to donate milk
- Email email@example.com or call 763.546.8051 and speak with one of Minnesota Milk Bank for Babies' (MMBB) staff members. After an initial screening, MMBB will provide you with a donor application.
- Complete and return the donor application materials.
- MMBB will cover the cost of your donor application blood testing.
- Wait to hear from MMBB if you are an approved donor. If approved, please follow the instructions below for milk drop-off.
Dropping your milk off at the St. Francis Milk Depot
Make an appointment: Call 952.428.2062 in advance to make a drop-off appointment.
Drop-off hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Drop off donations at St. Francis Regional Medical Center:
- Enter the hospital via the front entrance/main lobby.
- Call 952.428.2062 and let a Family Birth Place staff member know you are here for a milk donation drop-off.
- A Family Birth Place staff member will meet you in the lobby to complete the process.
Your milk will be safely and securely stored in the St. Francis Milk Depot freezer. We will take care of shipping your milk to MMBB. Thank you for your donation!