COVID-19: Family Birth Place visitor guidelines
Please click here to learn more about visitor guidelines in the Family Birth Place.
Note: St. Francis does not routinely separate families from their newborns due to positive or pending COVID-19 test results. While you are with us at the St. Francis Family Birth Place, we continue to encourage you to "room-in" with your baby. Rooming-in keeps your baby where he or she feels safest, which is with you. When babies room-in, benefits include better feeding, less crying and less weight loss.
St. Francis Family Birth Place
The St. Francis Family Birth Place is home to experienced labor and delivery providers from both Allina Health and Park Nicollet. Resources from both leading health systems support safe, high-quality and compassionate care. We're located close to home in the suburbs, but we offer many of the services you'd expect at a hospital in the city, including a water birth suite, integrative therapies such as aromatherapy and access to a lactation consultant.
Our patients tell us that we go above and beyond expectations, and that they would recommend us. In fact, St. Francis' Family Birth Place patients consistently rate their experience higher than patients at other Twin Cities metropolitan area birth centers.
At St. Francis, you can choose a Park Nicollet or Allina physician, or a certified nurse midwife, for your pregnancy care and delivery.
We are happy to provide a variety of amenities to help you and your family enjoy your stay:
- Free parking and Wi-Fi.
- Private, spacious suites that are comfortable and up-to-date with separate rooms for labor/delivery and postpartum.
- Advanced technologies for fetal monitoring and infant security.
- Nitrous for pain management.
- 24/7 onsite OB provider.
- Integrative therapies such as guided imagery and aromatherapy.
- Immediate skin-to-skin bonding with your baby after a C-section or vaginal birth, medically permitting.
- Birth aids such as birthing bars, labor balls or peanut balls.
- 24/7 availability of epidurals.
- Large, private suites with pull-out beds for partners.
- Dimming lights, electric candles.
- Accommodation to those wanting vaginal birth after previously having a C-section (VBAC).
- Award-winning lactation consultant.
- Large flat-screen TVs in every room.
- Extra outlets for cellphones and other devices.
- Doula-friendly facilities.
- Low rate for unplanned C-sections.
- Little Saints newborn photography.
Family Birth Place virtual tour
*PLEASE NOTE: To minimize the possible risk due to COVID-19, Family Birth Place tours are suspended until further notice. Please utilize our online Family Birth Place photo or video tours below. We apologize for any inconvenience.