Patient Care in the Hospital
Delivering the best care to every patient is central to everything we do. We make every effort to keep patients safe and provide the best experience possible, and have since 1938.
Use the links below to see how our patients rate their experience of our care.
Compare Our Care
As part of the Minnesota Hospital Quality Partnership, we report on how well we are doing with the quality of care we provide. Choose the hospital and condition to find out how well we perform with heart failure, heart attack, surgical care and pneumonia. Learn more about the quality of our patient care at Minnesota Hospital Quality Report or at Hospital Compare.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid also measures and reports hospital outcomes on Hospital Compare: hospitalcompare.hhs.gov.
Patient Safety in the Hospital
Patient safety is a cornerstone to our quality care. We have teams dedicated to leading these efforts so we can provide you with the best care possible.
Every team member (including physicians, nurses, family members and patients) must do everything possible to keep our patients safe. Learn how you can be a part of our patient safety efforts:
Patients are our partners in our efforts to improve. Please let us know what went well with your care and what we can do better.
If you feel the services we have provided have in any way compromised patient safety or not met accepted quality of care standards, please contact our patient representative office at 952.428.3100.
The Joint Commission helps ensure and monitor the quality and safety of patient care. St. Francis Regional Medical Center is accredited through The Joint Commission.
If you do not feel these concerns have been adequately addressed after contacting our patient representative office, please feel free to contact The Joint Commission by phone at 800.994.6610 or via email at email@example.com.
An important part of providing quality care and ensuring patient satisfaction is protecting patient privacy. To learn more about the rules we follow when handling your health information, view our patient privacy notices at allinahealth.org/Customer-Service/Patient-privacy-and-rights.
Back to top
Awards & Recognition
Some of our efforts to continuously improve have been recognized and given awards:
Back to top
- One of the Nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics (The 100 Top Hospitals balances scorecard measures and overall organizational performance across 11 key analytic measures including patient care, operational efficiency and financial stability).
- The Minnesota Hospital Association (MHA) Patient Safety Excellence Awards honor superior performance of hospitals participating in their SAFE from FALLS, SAFE SKIN, SAFE COUNT, SAFE SITE and SAFE ACCOUNT campaigns. St. Francis was the 1st Allina Health hospital to win all 5 of the MHA's patient safety awards.
- 2015 Commission on Cancer/American College of Surgeons Outstanding Achievement Award.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultants Award. Recognizes hospitals for excellence in lactation care for activities that help protect, promote and support breastfeeding.
- Star Tribune Top 150 Workplaces 2013-2016 Award. Selected as a recipient in the large business category. The award recognizes the most progressive companies in Minnesota based on employee opinions about organizational health, job expectations and employee engagement.
- 2011–2016 Valley Rehab Services Star Tribune Top 150 Workplaces Award. Selected as a recipient in the small business category.
- The Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures 2013-2015. Recognizes hospitals that attain excellence on evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to be the best treatments for certain conditions, including heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, etc.
- Women's Choice Award. Selected as 2016 national award winner for Best Hospitals for Emergency Care.
- March of Dimes Early Election Delivery Recognition. Recognizes hospitals for reducing nonmedically indicated deliveries before 39 weeks gestational age.
- 2016 Healthgrades Patient Experience Award. This is the 5th consecutive year the organization has won this award.
- View our 2015/2016 Honors and Awards list.
- 2016 Distinguished Large Business of the Year Award by the Southwest Metro Chamber of Commerce.
- 2016 Bob Killeen Award by the Dakota Scott Workforce Development Board. The award recognizes companies for their quality practices.