June 30 Update: To protect all patients and staff due to concerns surrounding COVID-19, effective June 30 St. Francis patients may have one visitor per day. Details below.
- Visitors will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 and must pass the screening to visit a patient.
- Visitors must wear a visitor badge, mask and screening sticker at all times during the visit.
- Visitors must have good hand hygiene during the visit. Hand sanitizer is located at all building entrances.
- Visitors should visit only the patient’s room and minimize travel to other areas of the hospital.
- Visitors under the age of 18 will not be allowed. Exceptions may be made if there is no one else to care for the child or the patient has compassionate exceptions.
Surgeries and procedures
- Adult patients: One visitor is allowed before a patient’s surgery and can return after the surgery. The visitor can wait in the waiting room or the patient’s room (if available).
- Pediatric patients: Two parents or legal guardians may visit before and after surgery. Visitors can wait in the waiting room or the patient’s room (if available).
From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., one visitor for each patient will be allowed each day. Any variations to the following list of exceptions must be approved by the supervisor.
- Labor and delivery patients: One healthy support person is allowed during the hospital stay. This support person can be a partner, family member, friend or doula. The Family Birth Place does not adhere to specific visiting hours, and the support person may stay overnight with the laboring patient. Learn more about guidelines for your labor and delivery support person.
- Newborns: Two parents or primary caretakers are allowed to visit.
Compassionate care patients
Compassionate care patients include those who are at end-of-life, critically medically unstable, or having surgery.
- Intensive Care units: Only patients who are critically unstable are allowed visitors. The patient care manager or designee will make this determination.
- Spiritual care needs: Please work with your spiritual care team to safely accommodate a patient’s spiritual care needs.
COVID-19 patients: No visitors
- Patients may be allowed one visitor each day when they are passing the COVID-19 symptom screening and are wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed.
- Exceptions can be made for children under the age of 18 and women giving birth.
Mental health patients: No visitors
- Child and adolescent patients may have one parent or legal guardian visitor.
- Adult geriatric-psychiatry patients may have one legal guardian visitor.
We understand that a caregiver may need to help when a patient is ready to go home. Appropriate, safe discharge planning is important to maintain patient safety.
- One visitor for each patient is allowed to help with discharge preparation.
- The patient care manager or designee can help determine which caregiver can visit and when is the best time for the visit.
- In most cases, discharge preparation happens on the day the patient is going home.
Maps and Directions
COVID-19: What to expect in the hospital
During the COVID-19 pandemic, St. Francis is taking special precautions to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. If you have a procedure scheduled at St. Francis, you can read more about what to expect here.
We encourage all patients to preregister for scheduled services to ensure a quicker check-in process.
Note: Please preregister at least 1 full business day before your appointment. If your appointment is less than 1 full business day away, preregister via phone with St. Francis Patient Registration at 952.428.2500.
To preregister online, simply fill out the form below, and make sure all of the required fields noted with an asterisk (*) are completed before submitting your registration.
This site uses a secure server to encrypt all your personal information and protect your confidentiality and privacy. Upon check-in at St. Francis, you will receive information regarding your rights to privacy and our commitment to honoring them.
Be Your Own Advocate
You are the most important team member in your care. Be your own advocate, and be involved. Use the resources below to learn more about speaking up for your care.
Back to top
At Your Request—Room Service Dining
At Your Request—Room Serving Dining is designed with your satisfaction in mind. Please review the menu to choose the foods you would like to order. Place your order by dialing 83663 (or 952.428.3663 from outside the hospital) anytime between 6:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
If you are on a special or modified diet, some food items may not be appropriate for your diet. Our room service operators can assist you with your order.
Guests can also order room service dining for $7.99. This includes 1 entrée, 2 side dishes, 1 dessert and a beverage. Debit or credit card payment only (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express accepted).
Please allow 45 minutes for your order to be delivered.
The cafeteria is open:
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4:45 to 7 p.m.
The grill and entrée stations are open daily from:
Back to top
- 7 to 10 a.m. for breakfast
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for lunch
- 4:45 to 7 p.m. for dinner
There are a variety of nearby hotels, many of which offer a discount rate if you mention St Francis. View Shakopee hotel accommodations.
There are many retail options located near the hospital for any needs that may come up while you are here. There are also a variety of restaurants in the area.