St. Francis Regional Medical Center cares for the whole person: body, mind and spirit. We offer patients and families spiritual support in coping with the crises of hospitalization, life changes and loss.
Our care is rooted in our faith, heritage and values. Each person is treated as a unique individual of incomparable worth, with the same right to life and to adequate healthcare as all other people. It is our mission to provide the care we would expect for ourselves and our families.
Our spiritual care providers are professionally trained to care for people from all religious and cultural backgrounds and can help coordinate additional support from clergy and spiritual leaders of specific traditions, as requested.
We are available to talk whenever you need us. Ask your nurse to contact us about:
- Speaking with a spiritual care provider.
- Crisis care.
- Sacramental ministry and communion.
- Ethical consultation.
- Healthcare directive consultation.
- Eucharistic volunteers. Local Catholic parish volunteers offer Holy Communion to all Catholic patients.
To contact the spiritual care office, ask your care team or call 952.428.2002 (8-2002 from any hospital phone).
We aim to create an environment that reduces stress and promotes healing. We try to keep our environment quiet so you can rest, but if you want to move around, you can take the art walk, head to one of the chapels or walk through one of our gardens with water features. There are many locations you can go:
- Traditional chapel on the main floor.
- Multicultural prayer and meditation chapel on the second floor.
- Meditation garden near the Emergency Department.
- Atrium garden near the conference center.
- Legacy Café patio garden.