If you want to make an impact on your community or spend some time giving back to those who need help, consider volunteering at St. Francis Regional Medical Center.
By volunteering at SFRMC, you will make a difference in people’s lives. Volunteers from age 15 will have the opportunity to serve patients, guests and employees.
Our volunteers are essential to the compassionate environment we create at St. Francis. We need volunteers in the areas below. If you’re interested in volunteering for one of these shifts, apply today!
- Patient Escorts: Greet people arriving at St. Francis, help transport guests by wheelchair, and make occasional deliveries to patients' rooms.
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 12:00 pm, and 12:00 pm to 4 pm on various days
- Surgery Lounge: Keep visitors informed of their patient’s progress and update them according to schedule.
- Tuesday, Wed, Thursday mornings, 7 am - 11:30 am, every other week
- Gift Shop: Opening/closing gift shop and interacting with customers.
- Fridays, 10:45 am- 3:15 pm
How to become a volunteer
- Submit an online application.
- Complete independent online orientation session within two weeks of submitting online application.
- Complete health clearance form and screening.
- Background study submitted by volunteer services on all applicants over 18 years of age.
Adult Volunteering program:
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteering can help you improve your skills, meet new people, build your confidence and increase your career options. In addition, research has shown that volunteering can improve your physical and mental wellbeing.
While volunteering at SFRMC, you will meet all sorts of people, and gain access to employee discounts and free educational programs. Most importantly, you will make a difference in people's lives. Also, you will receive:
- flexible scheduling.
- a $7 meal credit per day.
- access to employee discounts.
- annual flu vaccine.
- guest information desk.
- surgical waiting rooms.
- gift shop. (Hours 11 AM- 3 PM)
- guest, patient and flower delivery/escort.
- emergency department. (evening hours 5-8 PM and weekends)
- pet therapy.
- eucharist minister.
- grounds pick up. (seasonal April- October)
If you’d like to donate monetarily to St. Francis, please visit the Saints Foundation at saintsfoundation.org for more info.