A message to our community
June 03, 2020
A message from Amy Jerdee, President of St. Francis Regional Medical Center:
As we reflect on the senseless death of George Floyd and the events that have unfolded in the Twin Cities and the surrounding communities over the past week, we know that it’s critical to stand up as allies for all people in our diverse communities – in Scott County and metro-wide. We reject all forms of discrimination, as well as the historical and recent injustices that have been experienced in Minnesota and throughout the United States.
We’re committed to providing a safe, respectful workplace for the entire St. Francis family, as well providing a welcoming and safe place for all individuals needing care. We remain focused on our mission to ensure all individuals feel truly welcome and heard at St. Francis, and have a positive healing experience when in our care. We are reminded of our ability and role as a hospital to help the community grieve, and to provide a healing experience and whole-person care to our patients and their families.
In the words of St. Francis “Lord make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred let me sow love.” We can live this message by supporting those affected by the recent events in Minneapolis and St. Paul. To do that, we are sharing the following opportunities for monetary donations to affected community partners:
- Midtown Global Market (Minneapolis)
- Lake Street Council (Minneapolis)
- Neighbors United Funding Collaborative (St. Paul)
You can also help by making monetary donations to metro food shelves:
If you are struggling due to recent events, below is a list of resources in our community:
Scott County Community Mental Health Resources:
Carver County Community Mental Health Resources:
- Mental Health Consultants are available daily for immediate access for short-term solution focused therapy, crisis intervention, to further assess mental health needs, and acute concerns. Nearly all mental health services are done virtually, with all mental health providers able to perform virtual visits.
- Park Nicollet: 952-993-3307
- HealthPartners: 952-967-7992
Thank you for your ongoing engagement and continued support of St. Francis and the surrounding communities.
President, St. Francis Regional Medical Center