5 tips to fend off the flu
December 17, 2019
As flu season ramps up, Julie Critzer, patient care manager of St. Francis’ Southbridge Urgent Care and St. Francis Express Care locations, offers five helpful reminders to protect you and your loved ones from the flu:
1. Avoid close contact: Keep your distance from people who are currently sick, and remember stay home when you are sick.
2. Get a flu shot: It’s not too late to get your flu shot! Walk-in flu shots are available at St. Francis Southbridge Urgent Care and St. Francis Express Care locations, or you can make an appointment at your local clinic.
3. Maintain your immune system: Eat healthy, drink lots of water, exercise and make you’re getting enough sleep at night.
4. Sanitize hands and surfaces – often! Wash your hands frequently, and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces with sanitizing wipes.
5. Practice good hygiene: Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing and avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
For more information on where to get your flu shot, or where to go if you’re currently sick, visit stfrancis-shakopee.com/quickcare.