Our women’s health program is designed for any woman who is experiencing a decline in her physical or sexual function because of weakness or pain.
Examples of conditions treated include:
- Muscular or joint impairment related to pregnancy or childbirth.
- Back, tailbone or pubic pain.
- Sciatic (tingling sensations).
- Numbness of the arms or hands.
- Separation of the abdominal muscles.
- Pelvic floor muscle tension or pain.
- Postsurgical abdominal or pelvic pain.
- Pelvic floor weakness.
- Muscular or joint impairment related to child care activities or menopause.
We use a variety of therapy techniques and exercises to treat problems. These methods include but are not limited to:
- Manual therapy techniques to relax tight muscles and restore pelvic symmetry.
- Therapeutic exercises to strengthen, stretch or re-train pelvic symmetry.
- Modality treatments such as ultrasound or electrical stimulation for pain relief.
- Biofeedback treatments to improve body awareness.
- Education regarding posture, body mechanics, bladder and bowel health, general fitness, and pre- and postnatal fitness.
- Use and fitting of support garments or orthotics.
Back to top