Forms, Referrals & Resources
Prior to Your Appointment
Please complete the appropriate pre-evaluation packet listed below. We will call to schedule an appointment once we have received the pre-evaluation packet and your child has come to the top of the wait list. Feel free to call us with any questions.
For a speech therapy or stuttering evaluation, please fill out the above general pre-evaluation packet as well as the appropriate speech or stuttering supplemental packet below.
It is important to understand your insurance benefits prior to coming in for a scheduled appointment. Please use our suggested questions to understand your coverage for your child's therapy.
When you come to your initial appointment, please bring:
- Current medical records or reports. (We can make copies if needed.)
- Medical insurance card.
- A physician/doctor order if you have one.
- Any special equipment your child uses.
- If you are having a feeding evaluation: utensils, pacifiers, foods/liquids your child will eat/drink. For children one year and over, please also bring some non-preferred foods as instructed by the therapist who completes your intake phone call.
What to Expect
The initial appointment will be approximately 1 hour long. We will have some forms for you to review and complete and will take a copy of your insurance card prior to the appointment. Typically, the therapist will spend the first part of the evaluation with you reviewing the previously provided information and asking questions as needed. Usually the second part of the appointment is spent directly with your child. Sometimes the therapist will spend time observing you with your child or ask you to complete certain activities with your child. Before you leave the appointment, the therapist will review their general impressions and recommendations with you and a detailed written report will follow.
If the therapist has recommended services for your child, a standing appointment will be scheduled. Some children come weekly while others come on an "as needed" basis. Appointment times are set aside for your child until treatment is not needed or the schedule changes, whichever comes first. Capable Kids changes the schedule twice a year; once for the summer and once in the fall for the school year.
Referrals for Physicians
Please print and complete our physician orders to refer a patient to our clinic.
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American Speech Language Hearing Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Interdisciplinary Council on Developmental and Learning Disorders (ICDL)
Craft and Other Activities
For further information or to schedule an appointment with St. Francis Capable Kids, call:
Chaska Community Center
1661 Park Ridge Dr.
Chaska, MN 55318
Savage Medical Building
(At County Roads 42 and 27)
6350 143rd St., Suite 204
Savage, MN 55372
Online mapping may give incorrect directions. Please take County Rd 42 to Toledo Ave. Take a right onto Toledo Ave and another right into the clinic parking lot.