Quality & Safety
St. Francis Regional Medical Center is committed to providing high quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients. We strive to provide the best care for our patients, using national best-of-practice and evidence based methods of care delivery.
Patient safety is a cornerstone to our quality care. We have teams dedicated to leading these efforts, so we can provide you with the best care possible.
Every team member (physicians, nurses, family members and patients) must do everything possible to keep our patients safe. Learn how you can be a part of our patient safety efforts:
- Infection prevention. View our infection prevention scores.
- Fall prevention tips.
- Safe surgery procedures.
We do all we can to ensure our patients and families are satisfied with the care they receive. Use the links below to see how our patients rate their experience of our care.
- Patient satisfaction scores.
- How patients rate our hospital (choose the St. Francis link on the right of the graph).
As part of the Minnesota Hospital Quality Partnership, we report on how well we are doing with the quality of care we provide. Choose the hospital and condition to find out how well we perform with heart failure, heart attack, surgical care and pneumonia. Learn more about the quality of our patient care at Minnesota Hospital Quality Report or at Hospital Compare.
An important part of providing quality care and ensuring patient satisfaction is protecting patient privacy. To learn more about the rules we follow when handling your health information, view our patient privacy notices.
Awards and Recognition
St. Francis' commitment to quality patient care can be seen in the awards and recognition we have received.
- The Minnesota Hospital Association (MHA) Patient Safety Excellence Awards honor superior performance in: SAFE from FALLS, SAFE SKIN, SAFE COUNT, SAFE SITE and SAFE ACCOUNT. St. Francis was the first Allina Health hospital to win all five of the MHA’s patient safety awards.
- Minnesota Business Ethics Award. Selected as a 2013 winner as a large business that exemplifies high standards of ethical conduct in the workplace, the marketplace and the community.
- Avatar’s Exceeding Patient Expectations Award. This national award is presented to facilities whose overall scores exceed patient expectations.
- Health Strong Award. St. Francis was one of two Allina Health hospitals recognized in the Minnesota 2020 Best Practices Study as a leader in providing high quality care at an efficient value.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) Award. Recognizes hospitals for excellence in lactation care for activities that help protect, promote, and support breastfeeding.
- Top 100 Workplaces 2013 Award. Selected as a recipient in the large business category, the award recognizes the most progressive companies in Minnesota based on employee opinions about organizational health, job expectations and employee engagement.
- Transforming Care at the Bedside (TCAB) Participant. Selected to participate in this state and national initiative that engages nurses to redesign their work to improve patient care and safety.
- Women's Choice Award. Selected as 2014 national award winner for Best Hospitals for Patient Experience in Emergency Care.
- March of Dimes Early Election Delivery Recognition. Recognizes hospitals for reducing non-medically indicated deliveries before 39 weeks gestational age.
- Safe Surgery Top Rating. Rated nationally as a top performer by Consumer Reports for surgical safety.
Quality Outcome Reports
To learn more about our quality of care, we invite you to download the following reports:
- St. Francis Annual Quality & Safety Report.
- St. Francis Annual Nursing Report.
- St. Francis Measures of Caring Scorecard.
- St. Francis Cancer Center Outcome Report.
Patients are our partners in our efforts to improve. Please let us know what went well with your care and what we can do better.