Standards of Behavior
Creating a healing environment for all.
We consider individual customer needs and provide services in keeping with the St. Francis Regional Medical Center values: Respect, Stewardship, Hospitality, Justice, Partnership, and Joy. We are proud to work for and support the mission and vision of St. Francis.
Our standards set the tone for the culture we have chosen to create at St. Francis. We expect excellent patient care and customer service and strive for high levels of patient, employee and physician satisfaction. These standards are not intended to be all inclusive, but serve as the expectations for customer service at St. Francis.
The Face and Voice of St. Francis
- Tell the right people the right things at the right time.
- Speak clearly and distinctly—listen without interrupting.
- Make a lasting impression—say "please" and "thank you."
- Speak in a positive, professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Avoid making excuses or blaming other people.
- Conduct personal discussions in private.
- Maintain confidentiality, and adhere to privacy and security standards.
- Utilize customer service standards and scripts as required by the department.
- Greet people with a smile. Be enthusiastic. Have fun in your job.
- Project a professional image through actions and adherence to the dress code.
The Heart and Hands of St. Francis
- Demonstrate a spirit of helpfulness by pitching in without being asked.
- Offer assistance to patients, visitors and staff.
- Welcome newcomers.
- Take pride in the organization; strive to achieve hospital and departmental goals by following policies and procedures.
- Maintain St. Francis facilities with a sense of ownership by picking up trash and leaving areas cleaner than you found them.
- Remain calm, listen and avoid becoming defensive in difficult situations.
- Encourage one another.
- Praise whenever possible and offer constructive criticism in private.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Be accountable for your actions.
- Accept and perform your job responsibilities.
- Treat one another as professionals deserving courtesy, honesty and respect.
- Adapt to change when change is needed.
- Initiate service recovery: Correct the problem or find someone who can. Communicate to the customer in a timely manner how the problem will be corrected.
- The key is safety in all we do; follow safety procedures and policies.