St. Francis Regional Medical Center has a rich tradition of providing high-quality health care for the people living in Scott, Carver and western Dakota counties. Founded by a small group of Franciscan Sisters in 1938, St. Francis has grown from a small, community hospital to a comprehensive regional medical center, rapidly expanding to meet the needs of this fast-growing area.
St. Francis has been distinguished as one of the best community hospitals in the nation. It is the region’s first choice for high-quality, respectful and comfortable care for thousands of community members. St. Francis remains a valuable community asset, both to the individuals and businesses it serves.
St. Francis Regional Medical Center emphasizes individual dignity in the healing of body, mind and spirit in responding to the needs of community members.
Here's why you can be proud that St. Francis is part of your community:
- 90 percent of Family Birth Place patients rate their overall quality of care as "very good" or better.
- We have higher-than-national survival average for breast, lung and colon cancer.
- Patients can receive fast transfer to two of the best heart centers in Minnesota for cath lab (heart attack) care—Abbott Northwestern and Park Nicollet Heart and Vascular Center.
- We have one of only four computed tomography (CT) scanners in Minnesota.
Our expertise and growing population create incredible possibilities for what St. Francis will become. Currently we offer:
- State-of-the-art facilities.
- Broader access to specialists.
- Ortho Neuro Sciences Center.
- Diagnostic Imaging Center.
- Women’s Health and Breast Center.
- Trauma Center.
St. Francis Regional Medical Center is jointly owned by Allina Health, Park Nicollet Health Services, and Essentia Health Critical Access Group. Its Catholic identity is sponsored by the Benedictine Sisters of the St. Scholastica Monastery. St. Francis Regional Medical Center is uniquely positioned to bring top notch health care professionals together to provide the best possible health care for our patients.